Monday, December 1, 2008

Just Ramblings

Well, Thanksgiving is over. I really cannot believe that it is DECEMBER!! Where in the world did the entire year go? I really hope that 2009 doesn't go by this fast...my babies are growing up!



This year was the first year in quite sometime that we decided to stay "home" for Thanksgiving. We usually go up to Iowa to see my moms side of the family. This year snuck up on us, and no matter how hard we tried, there was just no way we could do it this year. Between the kids' school things, church things, life and finances, things have been insane! I can't believe it, but I'm praying for tons of snow so that things will slow down long enough for me to catch my breath.



We spent Thanksgiving with Willie's family, and then I went shopping Black Friday with a good friend from high school. I've not spent a whole lot of time actually in my hometown since we moved...so this felt a bit strange. While we go up, there quite frequently, it is usually to one of our parents houses, sometimes our friends, and if we are actually out and about..it doesn't last long. I must admit...I really don't miss that town a bit! :) Just some of the people in it.



I'm just about done Christmas shopping, which is such a relief! I've got to get Noah his big item, and then just fill in some small blanks here and there. I think this is the earliest I've ever been done.



In all of the chaos the past few weeks, I've managed to snap a few pictures (not as much as I would have liked)...and I'll stop the rambling long enough to show them off....










Our trip to KC to see TobyMac!

Nicholas's oh so cool ship that he made in gifted out of popscicle sticks.

And well, this is what happens when your husband decides to give haircuts, and see how many people he can get wound up in the process! I walked in the bathroom Thanksgiving morning and this is what I saw! Nicholas, of course thought it was the coolest thing ever! We left it for Thanksgiving, and the next morning while I was gone shopping Willie shaved it off. Thankfully! :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Holidays at home can be a true blessing in disguise. Especially when you consider all the money you save not going anywhere! Love the pics. His hair is adorable.