Friday, December 5, 2008

Look what I can do....

Isn't she beautiful?! Her hair is a diaster mess, she just got out of the shower.
Don't look too close, you might notice that one sleeve is shorter than the other. Which is odd because I made FOR sure that they were not this way when I finished it. I measured, I folded, I inspected. Everything was A-OK. She wore it, twice, no problems. I washed it....one shrunk. I don't get it! :)

I finished it last week, and she loves it! I say finished lightly, because I haven't added the buttons yet. Did you know that in order to add buttons to something, you must first buy buttons. I keep forgetting to pick them up, but she likes it nonetheless.



I learned something (well lots of things) during this process.... I DON'T LIKE ARMS!!!! I think if/when I make something else, it will either be arm-less, or I will make it that way!!



My original plan was to make the boys a set just like this one....I think I'll just make the pants! I thought about going ahead and making them the shirt, just chop off the arms....I don't think they would appreciate that...



I think I'll opt for white t-shirts. Whaddya think?

3 comments:

Maria said...

Awesome job!! I would not even attempt.

onemotherslove said...

Cute jammies! I have some fabric & a pattern for some for my daughter but haven't had time to do them yet!

Anonymous said...

do this for my son. He picks out the pant material and we just find a t-shirt to go with. His last pajama pants have dinos on them the ones before were firetrucks. Your pants look great.