Wednesday, November 12, 2008

He's Sick

A few nights ago, I told Noah to go clean up his room. It is such a disaster mess that you cannot even walk in there...it's bad beyond belief. He just wouldn't do it. Period. My guess is partly because he was tired, and in all honestly...it was probably a bit overwhelming.



Anyway..he wouldn't. So, Willie told Noah to go in the corner. He goes...but begins to cry, a lot. Willie asked him what was wrong. I guess he thought this was his cue to come out of the corner, because he came and sat on the coffee table in front of Willie, and said....I'm sick.

What do you mean, "You're sick."

Standing in the corner, makes me sick. Cleaning my room makes me sick. Getting in trouble makes me sick.

He said this with such seriousness, and huge crocodile tears....it took everything we had to keep a straight face.

Okay..so we didn't keep a straight face at all. We busted up.



Willie said, Noah, I think you're full of it.

Oh man did he cry. Daddy, that's not nice..I not full of it..I sick!

Willie finally got Noah to clean his room, by promising to read him some books. Noah loves his books. Noah went in his room, and shoved everything in the floor into his toy closet and came prancing out of his room gleaming!

As soon as Willie was done with the book...Noah snuggled up with the ever so famous "ello blankie" and he was out!

Books make for good medicine!

No comments: