My bloggy friend, Miriam, gave me an awesome recipe for Multigrain bread that I just love. And to think that is may actually be healthy. We like it better than my regular whole wheat bread, which we love. I've become a lot more comfortable in my bread making adventures, which coincidentally is resulting in better bread. Very rewarding.
The kitchen has been the hot spot this week. I've spent countless hours in there, and have been quite productive. This what I've done:
- Made a loaf of Multigrain Bread
- Made French Bread (same recipe, different method)
- 4 French Baguettes
- Froze approximately 12 quarts of strawberries
- Chopped up my first fresh mango! (2 actually, and one more waiting)
- Made Chicken broth
- Made Tortillas
- Used dried beans successfully in 2 dishes this week. So much better than the canned stuff from the grocery store!
- Made an awesome banana/strawberry/mango smoothie--all from fresh fruit.
- Made a batch of Oatmeal Raisin cookies w/Whole Wheat Flour. I didn't know how they would turn out--but they were delish!
I'm wanting to experiment some more with my whole wheat bread recipe. My original plan was to do that today, but I may just wait until next week. I still need to finish doing some meat prep and cleaning up some paper clutter that has accumulated on my hutch. Where does that stuff come from?!
We finally got our taxes done last night! It has only been on the list for months now. All I need to do now is make copies, and get them in the mail. So glad to have that behind me.
What have you done this week?