Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Redeemed Myself

So--I said the tooth fairy came, sort of. What did I mean?



Since she didn't come the first night, Nicholas left his tooth (which was in a treasure chest, by the way) on top of the windowsill for the next night. When he came home from school, he immediately went in there to check on it and make sure it was still where it was when he left. He's pretty possessive of his things.



Little did I know that during the day, Noah went in and messed with the tooth treasure chest and lost it! I can assure you that Nicholas was not happy in the least! I looked high and low for it, and never found it.



"Now the tooth fairy really won't come, Mom."



Oh snap! Rub the "Loser Mom" in a bit more, would ya?



"Sure she will--she's had ample time to find out you lost it. I'm sure she'll understand that Noah lost it. Surely she won't punish you for that..."



Right? Right. Although, she really did almost forget.

1 comment:

Lisa @ Work at Home Mom Revolution said...

I remember those days. I can't count the number of times I forgot to make the switch and had to make some lame explanation as to why the tooth fairy didn't come. Of course, she always came the next night.

Many is the morning that I would run in right before they woke up and, holding my breath, slide a dollar under their pillows (where they left the tooth). ;)